Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fonteriffic

Some of you probably don't understand the designer's obsession with fonts, but it's one of those quirks that we develop over the course of our careers.

Font house Font Font is celebrating its 15 year anniversary with a show at the AIGA gallery in SF. The opening is this Friday, font fun for everyone!

My "corporate" font is one of their specimens - Scala and Scala Sans. I chose it because I like the capital W and G. Not that any of my names or company names actually have those letters, but I still like them. And I have special respect for fonts that are a family with serif and sans serif together. I think that was very considerate of the type designer to do.

Happy Birthday Font Font!

P.S. If you ever come across a showing of the movie Helvetica you should see it. It's quite good, a great insight into the use of that font. Not nearly as boring as it might sound - it's actually quite entertaining. Too bad the showings this week are already sold out. I'll let you know if I see it come around again. BTW, I hate the Helvetica capital R. That's why I don't like to use it.