Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home for the 4th


Unfortunately, I'll be sweating out the Fourth at a wedding in North Carolina, but if you're lucky enough to be in town here in the cool fog, our friends at Fun Cheap SF have put together the most comprehensive list of 4th of July Goings on.

Were I here, I would have gone to the quaint east bay hamlet of Moraga, where my parents live to celebrate there. It's just hot enough to feel like summer, and you can sit up in the old walnut orchard to watch the fireworks. And I highly recommend checking out the Dog Parade as well. (That's my God-dog, Maya, in the foreground; she won "best body," and my dog nephew is somewhere there too, winning "smoothest coat." Every dog's a winner!)

And then there's always the stay in town option of finding a friend's roof top and camping out up there to watch the fireworks around the bay, and the scary goings on throughout the city. A couple years ago, I sat up on a rooftop near Duboce Park, and we saw the Mission going CRAZY, fire jugglers somewhere in the Castro, and some folks attempting their own shows in Potrero Hill. As well as the pro shows all the way from Sausalito to Fremont (or whatever's down that way...)

Happy 4th!

No comments: