Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Donuts go high brow


Is it bad if I think a lemon-thyme donut with honey glaze sounds better than an Old Fashioned? Does that officially make me a yuppie foodie? Well, if it does, so be it. I just read about he opening of Dynamo Donut and Coffee in the mission, and I can't wait until my travels take me past there, and there's that parking spot right out front to justify me stopping in. I mean, I can't go out to get a donut with no other motive, right? But the bacon-apple with maple glaze or caramel fleur de sel donuts might just make me do that. Thank goodness I don't live within walking distance or I would have gone today for breakfast!

Of course these donuts are made with the highest quality local and organic ingredients like Mint Hill honey made from real hives in the Castro. Talk about local. But all this attention to detail does still ignore one, that they are still deep fried, and the fat will still stick to your gut/thighs/other problem areas. So proceed at your own risk. But enjoy every moment.

No comments: