Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update to the dump visit post

My friend and subscriber, John Glenn (Not the astronaut), just reminded me that I should update you all on a fantastic change to the SF recycling rules, since I had published the post about my trip to the dump.

His note today:

Just a quick Public Service Announcement:

Around Earth Day this year, San Francisco expanded their recycling of plastic. You may have previously been carefully sorting good plastic from bad, but no longer!

Plastic bags are still a NO-NO, even if they are "recyclable plastic." Same with Saran wrap. These must be put in the black trash bin. They gum up the machinery.

But any type of RIGID plastic can now go into the blue recycling bin!

Here's a summary chart:

http://www.sunsetscavenger.com/residential/recycling.php?t=r

No comments: