Monday, June 16, 2008

Go to the beach!


I just saw this, and thought it looked so cool, that I must share!

Sue Lawty, an artist working with the Victoria and Albert museum in London has created this project that we can all help her out with - it's called the "World Beach Project." The idea is that people from all over the world go to the beach, collect stones, organize them by color, size, etc. and create some sort of drawing with them on the sand. Then the process is photographed by the artist (one photo of the whole beach, one of the work in progress, and one of the final product.) and uploaded to the V&A site for the project and pinpointed on a google map. You can go here to see what people have done all over the world so far. And there's only one submission from the Marin Headlands, so I think SF is prime for an addition!

I think I'm going to make one soon! I'll share my pics when I do it. And hopefully if any of you do, share too! you can add a comment to this post and put your link here for us to see your pics!