Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ritch is Back

330 Ritch Street. I remember it well. I was 19, Popscene was all the rage for those of those of us who needed somewhere cool to go to escape the burbs. Flash forward 7 years or so, I'm working down on Townsend during the dot com hype, and 330 Ritch had the best BBQ lunch plate in the hood. Lunch was short lived there as dot com cleared out. Then flash forward 5 more years, 330 Ritch and Popscene are STILL going! I went to see Trashcan Sinatras there - a flashback to age 18. I definitely felt old, but nothing beats bopping around to some brit pop in that cozy brick-walled space.

Well, I guess 330 Ritch has undergone some renovations recently, and now they're back again! But this time, their kitchen doesn't open until 2AM when they're going to serve tapas and snack for the late night crowd. In fine style I'm sure. Thrillist describes it as a mod gentleman's club inspired by vintage Stanford prep. Apparently the chalkboard menus were snagged from Stanford classrooms. So, maybe you get smart if you eat there too!