Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Busy Bay


Unfortunately I work from home in a little room under the stairs. Not quite as little as Harry Potter's room, and there is a window, but it only looks out to an air shaft and a sliver of the window of the house next door where I hear all sorts of strange noises... So, it can get a little claustrophobic in here, especially when I realize I have no idea what it's like outside other than either it's raining or not.

Today I came across this HD webcam with a beautiful view of the bay. I've bookmarked it so I can pretend my office is really on the waterfront in Sausalito. It has the bonus feature of telling you the names of all the ships coming and going through the bay. Ever wonder where that tanker was headed as you saw it sliding under the Golden Gate? Well, this site will tell you!

And here's a timelapse shot of bay fog clearing over the course of the day, all the boat traffic zooming through, and the sunset fading into black, that just epitomizes what it's like to live here.