Monday, August 20, 2007

Palms and Fronds and Gardens, Oh My!

I apologize for not having many things of the day last week. It was a busy, nose to the grindstone week. And I guess I wasn't inspired by many things of the day...

But I think I have gardening on my mind because this Monday's thing of the day is also a garden activity. For those of you who remember the palm broker garden center in the mission, it's not gone - it just moved to Dogpatch. Now known as Flora Grubb Gardens, together with the Garden Conservancy, they're hosting an educational series of talks about various garden topics. This week's, on thursday the 23rd, is about palms! Palm Myths is set up to dispel any misconceptions about these elegant plants and help you learn how best to used them in your San Francisco gardens.

And no talk is complete without some cocktails and hors d'oeuvres before hand. I haven't been to this place yet, but from the pics, it looks just delightful.