Monday, August 27, 2007

Bringing the gardens to you!

OK, I know - enough with the gardens already, right? Well I've been so heads down with work lately that the plants I bought 2 weeks ago for my garden are barely staying alive in their little 6-pack containers. I dutifully water them - I can't wait to harvest my herbs! But in the meantime, I'm living vicariously through the gardens on the internet...

That said, I just came across this one - a veggie box you can go pick up at a local restaurant. What a great idea! Get inspiration from some great cooking while you're picking up the veggies for the rest of the week. Perfect for the SF foodies!

Hooking up with Mariquita Farms on Mystery Thursdays kind of reminds me of searching for raves in high school. You call them, give them your #. Meet at a random restaurant in the city. They pull up with the truck. Then instead of you climbing into the truck and heading off to an undisclosed location for partying into the night, they hand you a box of vegetables. And I don't think magic mushrooms are included. But they do have Sorrel. Whatever you do with that... I'd do it for the Heirlooms since they're at their peak right now and take the $25 risk that I get a few in the box!