Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Well, it looks like I fell off my blog in July... Let's see if I can do better this year! Not sure what happened there, but there's nothing like a new year to get started up again!

Today I was inspired by what everyone always says they want to do in the new year - lose a few pounds. Well, the Epicurious website had a lot of ideas for that.

First, they had a great chart that broke down all the different fad diets, and how to choose the one best for you. Looks like I'll be on the Mediterranean diet because I like to actually eat. It might not be the fastest way to a bikini bod, but hey, I want to have a little fun!


Reading a little more in the Epicurious healthy section, they had this selection of gadgets to help with weight loss. My favorite were some portion control plates with a nice graphic treatment to remind you to fill your plate with more veggies than the other stuff. Some of the other items were a little obsessive, but if you're taking it seriously, it's probably not a bad idea to pay attention to these things.

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2009! Now on to more blogging for the new year... No fear, I'm sure this will still include plenty of chocolate and wine features too.

No comments: