Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wine Making is Addictive

This is a somewhat self motivated post, but it's what I spent my afternoon on, and I thought I'd share it with you all!

Have you ever dreamed of making your own wine? Well, here's your chance, and it's even somewhat affordable! Visit Crushpad to learn about how you can form your own group to make a barrel or join one that's already somewhat organized. For a per barrel fee that you divide up with your fellow winemakers, you get to pick the vineyard that your chosen variety comes from, come up with a winemaking plan while consulting with a professional, participate in sorting and crushing, and taste along the way as it ages. In the end you get 25 cases from a barrel of wine to call your own! And you can name and label it however you want.

I may have an in for you on a group making a Rousanne, Syrah (rhone blend), Grenache, or Pinot, and maybe even a Merlot. Drop me a note at heatherl at mac dot com and let me know if you might want to make some with us! You don't have to be in SF, but you should come visit sometime if you want to see the operation.