Monday, May 7, 2007

Kiwi Wines and Golden Girls Review

I know I said only one thing of the day, but the other is a review of a prior thing of the day, so I think it's OK, right?

First, if you're in town the Wed before Memorial Day, you should absolutely go to Taste of New Zealand, a wine tasting event at SFMOMA benefiting the Taproot Foundation. I went last year, and it was a lot of fun! They say the tickets sell out, so get them ahead of time. The wines are good, and it's a great chance to see what NZ is all about. And the MOMA as a backdrop is never a bad thing.

Second, The Golden Girls: The Play was FANTASTIC! A true SF experience. First surprise (besides that the women were men, I hope you know that going in) was that it is performed "Salon Style" in someone's beautiful BIG old Victorian home. That meant there were also beverages being served to get you in the mood with the "Girls," and it's a pretty intimate setting. The Girls were great - it took me a minute to adjust to the gender illusion, but once they got into it, they were totally in character and it brought back all sorts of memories of the 80s. So, go see it! The shows are selling out fast, so book now.