Thursday, May 1, 2008

What's up Doc?


Did you go through the Doc Marten's phase? I did. I loved my Docs. I felt so cool when I wore them with my baggy jeans and flannel. Just like they did in Seattle. But I wasn't even a Pearl Jam fan. More a Morrissey/Cure fan myself. But I wore those Docs to every concert I went to in high school, I think.

Now, I didn't draw on my Docs. I liked them nice and black. A little patina to show they'd been around, but no white out anarchy symbols or duct tape or anything. But technology has changed and Doc Martens is able to print all sorts of crazy stuff on their shoes now! And they're having a contest to let you design your own, and possibly win, and have your design chosen to be made. I made my design (see above) and as you can tell, I was a bit inspired by the other day's post about that artist. But I'm super into Navy this season, so I decided the Doc had to go prep and go Navy. But the stripes are there to keep them fun.

So either vote for my design or submit your own, or both!