Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bastille a Go Go

We just made it through our national holiday, so now it's time to celebrate with the French for Bastille Day, this Sat, July 14! I've seen that many of the standby French restaurants (ie Grand Cafe) are doing a prix fixe in honor of the day. And no doubt Belden Place and Claude Lane will be hopping! It's a sat nite afterall!

But the event that caught my attention was Bardot-a-go-go at the Rickshaw stop. I went to B-a-g-g once YEARS ago and had a blast! It was like a flashback in time to Paris in the 60's. The outfits were fantastic (made me wish I had my white go-go boots!) and the music was fab! The song I remember most specifically, and still enjoy today is the French version of "These Boots are Made for Walkin." You've got to check it out.

I wish I didn't have a zillion other things this weekend so I could go! Ces't la vie.