Wednesday, April 11, 2007

La La Land

Just sneaking this one in before midnight here... I had hoped something more enticing would present itself today, but alas, no such luck. So instead I turn it over to Los Angeles. I used to always go there just to visit family, but slowly in my adult life, I've learned that there's a whole lot more going on there. And I now know a lot more people there too which makes it fun. So, I plan on consulting this guide from Daily Candy Travel on the next trip down. Some of the stuff I've already been to, but agree it's a must see to get the true flavor of the place. Plus I totally appreciated their nod to Clueless, one of my all-time favorite movies.

In addtion to what they list here, I'd also suggest making an appointment to see the Eames House in Pacific Palisades. It was a really fascinating visit, and really gave the flavor of what was going on with the mid-century modern world of architecture and design coming from California.